Nourish your mind exploring a broad range of written works and other media from literary, philosophical and other perspectives
Term 2 Art History:
There is no formal set book list, but Art History: A Very Short Introduction by Dana Arnold is recommended. There are several copies at Boroondara Library.
We will discuss aspects of Art History, what it is, how it is developed and apply some art historical techniques to specific art works by watching relevant videos.
We will consider:
- The unresolved question of what art is?
- How the definition of art changes over time?
- How the art created in different periods differs?
- The effect of changing mediums and techniques?
- The evolution of the concerns of Art History?
- and We will look in detail at specific works
Term 3: 20th Century American Poetry
Term 4: Contemporary Fantasy
Time: Wednesday 1pm – 3pm